The 2017-2018 school year is well underway, and we have many agendas. I must say it has been a good start.
1. Our softball team was undefeated and won the league championship for the second year in a row.
2. Our football team showed great improvement.
3. Our cross country team competed hard.
4. Our cheerleaders showed that Eagle Pride.
5. Our basketball teams are having a good season.
6. We are excited to see what our spring sports will do.
I am so proud of all our students and those who support our staff. Our students and teachers are working hard in the classroom. This year’s motto is Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships. We are increasing our expectations, we are making them relevant to our students, and most importantly, we are building and fostering those relationships.
We have started several endeavors this year: School Council, Principal’s Café, Subject-Based Parent Nights, and much more. I truly believe it is important to our students that all stakeholders are involved in their education. We may have our lows, but we also have our victories. All of our events can be found on our school calendar on the District Website.
Literacy is our main focus this year. I encourage our parents and guardians to assist in getting our students to read more during the school year. We have found it critical that our students not only read, but also comprehend what they read.
Please feel free to call or email me with any questions, comments, or concerns about our school. We encourage you to be a big part of your child’s education and hope you have a great year.
Chad Chafin, Principal